3.12.2009

Jay Leno, Detroit HATES YOU!

Is our city going to recover? In a word: No. Not anytime soon.

For one thing, most of the people who live in the city, don't give a shit about the city (or, at least, they don't do anything about it). The few that DO care, may simply be too few to affect change. For example, only about 10% of the damn people in the city voted in the mayoral primaries!

Here's more proof of the apocalypse:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/18900540/

Speaking of the apocalypse... can't we arrange some kind of natural disaster, that will wipe the city clean, so that we can just start over? What about the Detroit River, can we build a dam and flood the streets? You know... just long enough to wash away every elected official (including the entire public school council)? That would also take the pee smell out of some of the alleys, which would be an added bonus!

How, in holy hell, do people like THAT get elected to the city council?! Apparently, beggars CAN be choosers within the city limits. That's news to me. If I were Jay Leno, I tell our city to screw off. Seriously. Why even bother?

Reporter - "You do know, they have the Final Four the night before at Ford Field?"
Dumb b on city council - "I don't know... what's going on. Whatever it is, we need to have Jay Leno make the commitment to play Detroit, whenever it is."

Reporter - "Now, you realize that [even] if he IS in Detroit, you can't go, though?"
Dumb b on city council - "Why not?"
Reporter - "Because you're not unemployed!"
Dumb b on city council- "Well, yes I am. In a way. I usually dance in the street."
Reporter - "The rules are; you have to unemployed to attend the concert."
Dumb b on city council - "I'm unemployed right now. I have two jobs. There's nuttin wrong with hustling."
Reporter - "Heheheh. Oooook."

Oh. My God. The veins in my forehead just burst all over the wall. Shoot me. In. The. Face. Detroit City Council, I hate you. I mean that in all sincerity. You are part of the problem, not part of the solution. QUIT BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE and use your brain.

I need to punch a baby or a puppy I'm so pissed right now... please keep all small, defenseless creatures away from me until I cool down...

2 comments:

  1. There is a solution: move into the city limits (D-Tales' apartment count - even on paper). Then you can do something productive with your outrage, like vote against them.

    As for why they got into office in the first place, please keep a few things in mind.

    #1. More than 100 people run for the Council EVERY SINGLE TIME. With a field that divided, the top spots always go to a handful of well-funded candidates with strong name recognition.

    #2. Low-income people have a tendency to feel that they cannot control their own lives. Rather its controlled by outside forces. Therefore, a candidate really don't have to do much to get a large number of them on his or her side.

    #3. The psychiatrists that I know can spend hours - and if you let them, they will - talking about why this is. There have also been a few hundred scholarly articles written about this phenomena.

    #4. If you were to change your residency to vote in Detroit's City Council elections - and maybe even get D-Tales to change her residency so SHE could vote in Detroit - then you could still change it back to vote in the State House races next year.

    #5. I have a 6 year-old niece who means the world to me and her puppy means the world to her. Please stay away from both of them until you've calmed down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all about education, I think. Ignorance begets ignorance! I wouldn't mind living in the city... if you don't mind taking my burbs mortgage off my hands?

    ReplyDelete