3.11.2009

The immortal wristband

Yes, everyone's written on the gynormous display of local indie music that was the Hamtramck Blowout. If you missed it, you... blow. For an official explanation of the event, go here, or go here for the unnoficial (real) story. I'm not going to re-hash was has been said. Instead, I'm going to talk about the wristband.

If you attend the entire 4-day fantastical extravaganza, you will have worn the same, non-removable, overly-tight, flesh-scraping wristband for that entire 100 hour perdiod. I actually wore mine even longer, just because I could. My wristband endured at least 10 different venues, 6 or 7 showers (pass the GODDAMN smoking ban and I could cut that number in half), 1 indoor soccer game, 1 baby shower, and 1 very important presentation at work.

When I finally cut the band off my wrist on Sunday evening, I felt as though I was cutting off a piece of myself. And now it just sits here, on my computer desk, motionless, sad, severed... and a reminder of the good times had in Ham-town. See you there next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment